Desert Island Discs, Books and Films!

17:00 Unknown 2 Comments

Ahoy!


    
    Many of you, especially those in Britain will have listened to or at least heard of Desert Island Discs, a radio show in which celebrities are asked which 8 tracks they would choose to have if they became abandoned on a desert island. Now, I am, by no means a celebrity, but I'm still going to do it.




Desert Island Discs
In no particular order


  1. Postcards From the Wasteland - Bon Jovi
Simply one of the most beautifully worded songs I have ever heard and so, so catchy!
You may not have heard it because it is an unreleased demo!





     2.  Someday I'll be Saturday Night - Bon Jovi

In my opinion, it is one of Bon Jovi's best songs!

    3.  Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

It's 2015 and I'm late to the MCR party and they're not even together anymore. :( 
But, this is the song that got me loving them (that, and my MCR obsessed friends A and M)

   4. Enchanted - Taylor Swift

This song was mentioned in one of my favourite fanfic's (I don't actually have that many though!) and every time I hear this, I a) am reminded of the story and b) singing along (... with my tone-deaf voice...)

   5. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

I think tis was my first ever favourite song, in nursery, this is the song that my friends and I would always be singing and it has kind of stuck with me.

   6. I Really Like You- Carly Rae Jepsen

Just when you were beginning to think I didn't like anything from this part of the century! I like it the same reason everyone else likes it: it's catchy.

   7. Ship to Wreck - Florence and the Machine

Lovely.

    8.  Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day 

Just because.

Desert Island Books

In the original radio show, it was only music, however, this isn't the original and I decided to spice it up a bit. Maybe. 

    1.  Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K Rowling
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm. I think you already know why. 

    2. Paper Towns - John Green

For when I need to be reminded what it is like to be non-magical and surrounded by actual people. I guess.

    3. All i Know Now - Carrie Hope Fletcher

I cannot express to you how amazing I think this book is.

    4. Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging - Louise Rennison

ahahahaha. One of the best book I have read this year.
    And because I'll need something new to read as well....

    5. Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon

I. Cannot. Wait. To. Read. This. Book.

    6. Snow White Lies - Sarah J Pepper
Same as above.

   7. Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier

I went to the Daphne Du Maurier Museum in the holidays and this has been on my to-read list for a while.

    8. Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants - Louise Rennison

The next book in the Georgia Nicolson series. 

Desert Island Films

    1. Holes

The film adaptation to one of my favourite books!

    2. Pitch Perfect

Maybe one day I'll be able to sing. Maybe one day. 

    3. St Trinians 

If you can call this a chick-flick, then this was one of my first. The characters are developed and positive and the story is brilliant.

    4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

My favourite Harry Potter movie. 

    5. Big Hero 6

No, I'm not crying no no. 

    6. Lilo and Stitch

My toddlerhood Part 1

    7. Faintheart

A beautiful story.

    8. Monsters Inc 

My toddlerhood Part 2.


Let's see if we can make this a tag? If I don't tag you, and you still want to do it..... Go ahead and do it! 

The Rules:

1) You can choose to do as many parts (Book, Music, Film) as you like

2) You must tag at least 3 people 

3) Include these rules somewhere in your post or video (either in the video OR the description)

I tag:

⭐️ Courteney (http://www.youtube.com/lifeofcourteney)

⭐️ Chloe (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-qYm3pMvWM2Y1_dIOnRYA)

⭐️ Summer (http://SilverEyedBlogger.blogspot.com / https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCdFnqb7pSZzxRiFF-65MEVQ)







2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun Tag!

    It would be hard to choose only 7 books, as I tend to go with the Harry Potter series straight away! I'll probably make it count as one giant book :P

    I'm definitely going to do this :)

    The Journeys of a Girl

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear that I will reply to all comments!