My Top 10 Books | Bank Holiday Bonus

19:41 Unknown 1 Comments

Ahoy!

It's bank holiday Monday. Lots of us get a day off work/school/whatever! So, to celebrate this wonderful occasion I have decided to do an extra blog this week. Also, May the Fourth be with you.

I'm a book lover. A bibliophile. A freak. A whatever you want to call me.
Over the years I have read quite a few books and naturally I have read ones that I have both loved and loathed and today I have decided to narrow it down to my top 10 favourite books. Now, before we start, I would like to say that some of these books I read years ago and now I have probably outgrown. Now. Right now. As we speak - I tend to read Young Adult (YA) fiction but as my Goodreads will prove, I do still read little children's books (you're never too old! Remember that!).



10. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K Rowling
Rowling is the only author to have made it into this list twice. But this lady has changed me, she is the author that got me into reading big-kids books and the Chamber of Secrets is my second-favourite Harry Potter book!

9. Holes - Louis Sachar
This book is brilliant. So is the film. I love the story and I love Sachar's style and I'm not really sure what it is about it but I know I love it.

8. The Secret Garden - France's Hodgson Burnett
I can't remember when I read this. I think I was about 11. I just loved its uniqueness and the fact that something like this would never happen now.
It proves that even the worst, the weakest, the loneliest and the nastiest can change into better people.

7. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
Such a brilliant, beautifully written story. I well and truly loved it and it would be in my top 3 if I didn't have a few bones to pick with it (that is the correct phrase. Isn't it?)!

6. Pongwiffy and the Goblin's Revenge - Kaye Umansky
I was definitely 11 when I read this and at the time it was one of the best, funniest, quirky books I had read. I even recommended it to my German penfriend who like me, also loves the whole series.

5. Plum - Tony Mitton
It was world book day and my school said that an author would come and visit us and I was excited. We all met him, and he read us some of his stories/poems and then after school, we all queued up
with our parents to buy some of his books and get them signed. For me, it was The Tale of Tales and My Hat and All That. I frickin' loved them and then Mom bought me Plum. I loved it even more to the point of reciting  some of the poems until I learnt it off by heart! Strange child I was(/am).

4. Alone On a Wide Wide Sea - Michael Morpurgo
Such an amazing book. It is split into two parts: the first part is through the eyes of Arthur Hobhouse who tells his story of his transportation to Australia during the war and tells us about his life. The second part is through the eyes of his daughter: Allie who goes on a quest to find her Aunt Kitty.


3. The Firethief - Terry Deary
No one on Goodreads likes it. But I love it. Maybe if I read it now I wouldn't like it. Or maybe I'm weird. Or maybe they just don't know a good book when they read one. It's amazing. I think it has a
rather cool storyline. Terry Deary is awesome. Go read the book and tell me I am not the only one who loves it.

2. Fix it duck - Jez Alborough
It is a baby's book but I don't care. When I was a child it my parents and I would constantly be reading through it and now I know most of it off by heart! It made my toddler-hood!

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K Rowling
This is the start of the series that shaped me. It is the book that helps me. It is the book that got me into proper-reading. That is all I have to say.

Well... That's it for now! But be warned, it is ever changing. Seriously, by tomorrow it will probably have changed!

Let me know your top 10, 5, 3 whatever in the comments and let me know if you agree or disagree in the comments!







1 comment:

  1. It’s hard putting them in a specific order. It is bound to change quite often xD The first four are children’s books.

    10) The Mitten by Jan Brett
    9) Goodnight Moon Margaret Wise Brown
    8) Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
    7) Charlie the Caterpillar by Dom Deluise (I believe the first book I ever read)
    6) Cinder by Marissa Meyer
    5) Carrie by Stephen King
    4) The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (one of the first books to make me cry)
    3) Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
    2) Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (I cried a lot by the end of this…)
    1) From Where I Stand by Tabitha Suzuma

    I debated on whether to put books that I sort of have a love/hate thing, but I decided to just focus on ones I just love.

    Harry Potter is definitely always great. I remember reading The Secret Garden a long time ago and liking it, but unfortunately can't remember much of it. I'll have to read it again.

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear that I will reply to all comments!