3 Children's Books That Have Stuck With Me In A Weird Way

17:00 Unknown 11 Comments

Ahoy!



I was watching a video created by the lovely Miss Carrie Hope Fletcher and she mentioned a book (Looking for JJ) and she said that it had really stuck with her in a weird way. 

Which got me thinking: which children's books have stuck with me in a weird way?

For this list, I'm going to stay away from the obvious like Roald Dahl and Jacqueline Wilson and mention some less-recognised books --------->

1. Opal Moonbaby - Maudie Smith

Opal Moonbaby is a being from another planet, when she arrives on Earth she learns that she must make friends, but she doesn't like it! It has stuck with me because it is just so unique and thoughtful!



2. Pongwiffy (series) - Kaye Umansky 

Pongwiffy is a witch of dirty habits, surrounded by a community of other witches, goblins and wizards, she organises talent contests, goes on disastrous holidays and continues hating goblins. Pongwiffy, to me, is just that perfect mix of humour, issues and originality that I like.




3. Harriet the Horrible - E.R Reilly

Harriet the Horrible, is a naughty girl and she only has one friend. It has stuck with me for reasons I don't know, but it is a really cute story!




////////// Quote of the post //////////


"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship" - Louisa May Alcott

11 comments:

  1. I don't think I've read any of those. I love this post though, there are some weird kids books that have really stuck with me. Like The Stinky Cheese Man, now why does that one stick out to me? Ew, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've never heard of the Stinky Cheese Man! I'll look into it!

      Delete
    2. It cracked me up so much as a kid lol.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these. I actually only remember reading Dr. Seuss as a small child, but these look interesting.
    Tori @InToriLex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love Dr Seuss (yes, that is in the present tense!)

      Delete
  3. I haven't actually read any of these but I've been meaning to read Looking For JJ ever since Carrie mentioned it so thank you for the reminder ! A child hood book that stuck with me is Stargirl... I can't get over the pure beauty of that book, it's influenced me endlessly :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into it based on your recommendation! x

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these but this is a great idea for a post! I can remember quite a few books from my childhood off the top of my head but it's the obvious ones so I'm going to have to think hard to see what else I can remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these. For me, I'd say Princess Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of those people who hasn't read them! :/

      Delete

I solemnly swear that I will reply to all comments!